Monday, March 8, 2010

Cloth Diapers




I found the coolest webpage. It's called Wellsphere and it has tons of great natural parenting information as well as "Ask a Health Maven." They feature two health experts on their site at a time, and you can email them your questions.

I found their website while researching cloth diapers. I'm sending my sister-in-law in Argentina some to see if she likes them. I wanted to use them while my daughter was in diapers, but we lived in an apartment without a washer/dryer, and I didn't want to be trekking dirty diapers to the washer in our complex. But if you do have a washer in your home, I would totally recommend using cloth diapers. Not only is it environmentally way more friendly, its so cost effective. You can buy a set of cloth diapers that will last your child's whole diapering for about $300. You spend that on disposables in the first 6 months alone. www.cottonbabies.com has a great selection to choose from.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog! Very interesting! I love cloth diapers myself. I don't get to use them as often as I would like though. I have the really thin ones that you use with pins so they are really messy and get filled up pretty quickly. If I ever get someone to buy me the newer ones that are thicker that would be a life changer. Otherwise I spend all my time changing diapers! Right about now I have a dilemma with my 2 yr old where I need him to be potty trained; things are getting too messy. Could you stop by my blog and have a peek at my entry and maybe you could have something to share? That would be greatly appreciated. htpp://www.simplelivingforall.blogspot.com

    I'm your follower now!

    ReplyDelete